• churchhistory
  • Congregational News, Colorado Springs, September 1880

  • The new stone church was occupied August 15th. The building is not plastered but it will be comfortable for the winter. Nothing can exceed the heart of the mountain view from the door and front window. The seats are a little mixed in style. There are pews, stained and unstained, benches, cane chairs, black, brown, and yellow wooden chairs, borrowed, donated, made and purchased, at a total amount of $10.50. At least one hundred and fifty can be seated.
  • Thanks are due to Mr. S.B. Westerveld for the donation of a dozen chairs.
  • Frederic Wright has presented to the new church a chandelier and some nice side lamps. May the light they give be the means of helping some darkened hearts to find spiritual light.