Summary Notes from Executive Council Meeting, April 15th.

Minister’s Report

1) Gaye discussed year-to-date (YTD) statistics on attendance and giving.

2) Gaye went through the revised wedding policies/procedures and fee schedule for ExCo approval. Motion made to adopt as written. M/S/A

3) Bylaws committee to meet on May 10th, with a follow-up meeting on May 24th. Goal is to present proposed bylaws changes to the congregation at Mid-Year Meeting.

4) Gaye discussed UCC Advocacy Covenant Opportunities, specifically Open and Affirming (ONA), and recommended starting the education process for the congregation on or around July/August/September. A motion was made to approve her obtaining the training materials. M/S/A

5) There was brief discussion about creating a logo/brand identity for the church.

6) A seminary student from Iliff in Denver will be the guest preacher on Sunday, April 22nd.

Treasurer’s Report – No report as the team out doing tax returns as the final day is Tuesday.

Trustees’ Report (Linda O’Riley for Steve Hart) – 1) Pastor Gaye presented the revised wedding policies/procedures and fee schedule and asked the Trustees to recommend forwarding to ExCo for approval. Steve recommended Gaye move forward. 2) Front Porch Singers date confirmed for June 1st. Discussion on logistics. 3) Cleaning day set for Saturday, May 5th, from 9 a.m. to Noon. List of items for cleaning/repair to be provided. Mexican-themed food to be provided afterward.

OLD BUSINESS

1) ExCo vacancy – Stewardship Chair. This was deleted from further discussion due to possible changes in Bylaws which may change the way committees/Boards are organized. 2) Preservation of CCC’s historical documents. Jean Gabardi presented extensive information on best practices and tools/supplies needed. She asked for volunteers to help with the proper containment and storage of documents. Rich suggested we present to the congregation and request donations of either money or needed supplies. Gaye will put in announcements at end of service, Jean will post on website.

NEW BUSINESS

1) Linda O’Riley – Jan Hinkley has asked to have a table set up during Fellowship Hour on Memorial Day weekend to hand out Poppies as a service of the American Legion Auxiliary. M/S/A 2) Since the Cross we have been using during Holy Week services is on loan from St. Andrews Episcopal Church, Rich offered to build one of our very own. He will get donations of the materials. His offer was accepted with much enthusiasm and thankfulness!

4) The Mid-Year Meeting was set for July 29th to coincide with the 5th Sunday Potluck.

BOARD REPORTS

Missions – The Annual Tea was enjoyed by all. Jane noted that there may be two men’s tables at next year’s event, as the men enjoyed it too!

Memorial – No report

Investments – No report

Diaconate – No report

Music – No report

Scholarship – The Scholarship Board gathered on April 8th to put together Goodie Boxes for the students. The Board will partner with the CE Board on April 22 to host the Coffee Fellowship to share information with the congregation. Gaye will also give us 2 minutes for an “infomercial” during the Worship Service that day. The Board will meet on May 6th to discuss applications for Scholarships and to review current guidelines for applicants. Scholarship Sunday will be in June – exact date TBD.

Women’s Fellowship – No report

Christian Education – Catherine reported that Sunday School is going well and new curriculum seems to be well-liked. Vacation Bible School (VBS) may be held July 9 – 13. Not decided if it will be during the day or in the evening. Catherine needs volunteers and, if none by next week, VBS will be cancelled.

SCRIP Program – Deb reported that the quarterly rebate will be going to the general fund.

Membership – Gaye reported that she has been meeting with the Youth Discovery (aka Confirmation) group.

Catherine closed the meeting with prayer.

Next meeting: June 17, 2018.

Respectfully submitted,

Julie Wells, Secretary