Looking for a new job?
Our church is currently taking applications for a new Communications Director!
This person will work 20 hours/week with the Pastor, Church Council, and CCC Teams & Groups to provide effective, creative, and consistent communications within/between the church and community. This person will aid the church in achieving its mission of love and faith witness. We are looking for someone who is an organized self-started who works well with others. They must be a good communicator, both written and orally. Tactful assertiveness is a must, as is a good sense of humor and flexibility. Any applicants must also be able to learn new software as needed.
This part-time position is multifaceted and requires the ability to maintain several ongoing programs & responsibilities that may or may not be related. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Community Engagement/Social Media Management
- Website/Newsletter design & maintenance (including content generation)
- Advertising & Promotion
- Facebook/Instagram development
- Livestream Coordinator (via Facebook Live or YouTube)
- Worship/Ministry/Outside Group Support
- Create worship bulletins and announcements for print/email distribution
- Music License Reporting, Worship Attendance gathering/reporting, Name Tag mgmt.
- Special Event/Fundraising Support (e.g. Ad design, PR Materials, printing)
- Volunteer Coordinating & Community Event PR within Congregation
- Wedding/Funeral Program Design/Printing
- Congregational Communications
- Manage Calendars, Contact Lists/Directories, and distribution lists.
- Digital/Written Communications for Congregation
- Annual Meeting Support (Report Booklets, Ballot design, etc.)
- Reminders and duties to all Teams and Groups
- Special Offering Campaign Support (5x/year)
- Experience with all aspects of digital communications including website management, basic graphic design, and content writing
- Competence in using Microsoft Office software: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher
- Experience with Dropbox/Google Drive and shared documents
- Strong and positive communication skills
- Detail-oriented, organized, and self-initiator with good time management skills
- High level of confidentiality
$12-15/hour commensurate with experience.