Let’s Create Your Dream Wedding!
We invite you to start your new life together in our beautiful space. We recognize this is a day that is uniquely “yours”. Celebrate your commitment in a gorgeous stone, mountain church at the base of Pike’s Peak, with warm wood features throughout the sanctuary. Let the peals of the bell from our historic bell tower celebrate your good news with the town! Bring your thoughts to Rev. Gaye Bosley-Mitchell for guidance through creating a sacred, personalized wedding in our church, that is a blessing to you and your guests. Pastor Gaye is very flexible as to format, and is willing to offer sacred but not religious ceremonies. We welcome couples of diverse faith backgrounds and sexual orientations to be married here.
Some of our guidelines include:
Pastor: An appointment should be made as soon as possible for consultation and review of the ceremony plans with Pastor Gaye, who officiates our weddings. If you are hoping to bring your own officiant, Pastor Gaye must approve this as well.**
- If you live out of town, coordinating meetings by Skype/Google Hangouts Video are helpful.
- The rehearsal (traditionally, the night before) should also be scheduled as early as possible to insure availability.
- We invite couples to attend (in-person or via live-stream) at least one of our Sunday morning worship gatherings, at 10 a.m. MT, to embrace our church experience.
Wedding Coordinator: Feel at ease…Our wedding coordinator will guide you through all the logistical details of the ceremony. If you are engaging an outside wedding planner, we’ll work together so you all can have peace of mind that the process goes smoothly. While your outside wedding planner is welcome to be present at the rehearsal or ceremony, they may not preside at either event.
Music: All musical selections need to be reviewed with the pastor. Traditional wedding music can be arranged with our church accompanist playing piano or our beautiful, historic, 800 pipe organ.
- If accompaniment is requested for special vocal selections, please allow time for preparation and rehearsals. **
- Other musical selections and style of your choice can be approved by the pastor.
Flowers and Decorations: Please discuss your ideas with the pastor and/or our Wedding Coordinator for approval. We can also provide referrals to local florists, and connect you with the Manitou Chamber of Commerce. It is your responsibility to arrange for removal of all flowers/decorations.
- Please note that aisle runners, birdseed, and rice are all prohibited for safety reasons. We recommend the use of bubbles for couple send-offs.
Photographs and Videos: Give thought to how you want your memories to be held in pictures for years to come. Pre-wedding ceremony photos should be completed at least 30 minutes in advance. After-wedding photos are timed right after the ceremony. We will work with you to coordinate your ideas for pictures or recording during the ceremony so they will work within our guidelines to respect the sacredness of the ceremony with as little distraction as possible.
- Please let photographer/videographers know that while pictures are allowed during the ceremony itself, these activities should neither be obtrusive, nor distract either the wedding party, the officiant, or your guests (including flash photography during the ceremony).
- **Please note that we can provide Livestreaming of your wedding, so that guests precluded from attending can still share in your ceremony live.
Church Accommodations, Seating and Parking: Our sanctuary seats about 150 people. Parking is located behind the church and on Pawnee Avenue.
- Those with disabilities may park in designated Handicapped areas in our parking lot. An elevator is available for persons needing assistance.
- We have a room with mirrors and restrooms for the bride and attendants to prepare.
Receptions/Rehearsal Dinners: **Our Community Hall is available for rehearsal dinners and wedding receptions, and we have tables, chairs, table service, and the use of a kitchen available.
- If you are seeking a different celebration atmosphere, we have many local venues within an easy walk or drive, which we would be happy to coordinate with.
- Food, drinks, and pets are not permitted in the Sanctuary.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited on church property (including parking lots & grassy areas)
- Alcohol (except under specific circumstances and with prior pastoral approval) is generally not permitted on the church property.
Optional Ceremony Space: for a different atmosphere, our Community Hall may also be available for your ceremony. This space has an exquisite stained glass feature with a more casual, contemporary space. Contact the church for details.
**Additional fees apply. Please request fee guidelines from the church.
Please note: Be sure to obtain your valid state marriage license one month prior to the wedding and bring it to your wedding rehearsal.
Sanctuary Usage Fee (4 hr Max) $ 400
Minister $ 250
Guest Minister Hosting Fee $100
Organist/Pianist $ 150
additional rehearsals with guest vocalist/instrumentalists $30 per hour
Wedding Coordinator $ 150
Custodial Fee $ 100
additional fees may apply for any unusual/extensive cleanup or extended use of time
Sound Technician/Livestreaming $ 100
Community Hall Usage Fee (4 hr Max) $ 250
The church reserves the right to adjust prices without notice. Pricing for each wedding will be frozen at the time of contract signing.
Special consideration is given to church members and participants, please contact the church office for these details.
ADMINISTRATIVE POLICIES & PROCEDURES:
A non-refundable Administrative Deposit ($100) and a refundable Security Deposit ($300) are due immediately upon contract agreement to reserve the date and time of your wedding. The remainder of the fees must be paid to the church office at least two weeks prior to the wedding. If the church has not received a response within two months of the date requested, the time requested will be forfeited.
- To simplify bookkeeping, we would appreciate separate checks to the pastor, organist, and wedding coordinator to be issued to them individually. The church office will provide payee information.